Friday, August 1, 2008

Blue Crab(rt)


Blue Crab(rt)
Originally uploaded by hirevimaging
Another Noctilux shot, fairly close to wide open (F 1.0). I used a slower ISO slide film here to be able to shoot at a larger aperture, and probably a fairly high shutter speed. I don’t record my shooting data, and being that I’m using old school film cameras, no EXIF data like the DSLR’s & digital point and shoots. I can pretty much tell by how the backgrounds go out of focus what apertures I was near.
The background out of focus areas are referred to as “bokeh,” and some lenses create nicer patterns than others. Although I’ve had the Noctilux do some rather strange things to out of focus areas….almost painful to look at! Using a rangefinder, it’s impossible to tell what the end result will be until I get the film back.

No comments: