Tuesday, August 11, 2009

chevelle rt


chevelle rt
Originally uploaded by hirevimaging
Been using an 85mm 1.4 Nikkor quite a bit lately on a Nikon D3, mainly for weddings and portraiture. I haven't shot much car detail stuff digitally in a few years, but I'd figure I'd give it a shot knowing what this lens can deliver. The Leica is loaded with Kodachrome right now, and I was feeling the need for some immediacy...so here we are. I was a bit lucky as the sun went behind some typical looming summer thunderheads. Flattened the light a bit, and allowed me to get the look I'm after. The D3 is really an excellent DSLR....Nikon really blew the doors open on this one.

The performance of the 85/1.4 Nikkor is excellent, although typical criticisms of this lens fall into the focusing category. It's a tad bit slow compared to some of the newer Nikkor offerings, but it's not a deal killer obviously.

No comments: