Friday, April 9, 2010

highline2


highline2
Originally uploaded by hirevimaging
New York...a place close by really, but I don't get in as often as I'd like. I had seen references to the High Line in NYC, but had never been up there. Some great opportunities for any photographer as one can walk from 20th Street down to the Meat Packing District.
This was shot with an M8 and 35mm Summilux aspherical. Column in the foreground was a little blown out as I brought the DNG file into Capture One, but I knew I'd be able to deal with it as there was plenty of detail there. I went for a little bit of a mid range exposure to make sure I held detail and color throughout. As it was a cloudy day, it really helped as well. I like the diffuse light coming through the windows here and I am very happy with how the out of focus background has a bit of a pastel look to it.
For more info:
http://www.thehighline.org/

No comments: