Monday, April 5, 2010

vette - k642


vette - k642
Originally uploaded by hirevimaging
While cars in this condition might be seen as rare to some...what's becoming more rare is the film I shot this with: Kodachrome 64. Kodak isn't making it any longer...and the only place that can process it - Dwayne's Photo in Kansas, will stop doing so in December of this year. I realize so many of us are shooting digitally these days, but film can still capture a look that has a subtlety and nuance that really cannot be replicated from a sensor.
As I increase my shooting with the digital Leica M8 over the upcoming car show season, I will be quite interested to see how it fares against the old standards of film I have used with my film M cameras. I know it will be a very different look.
This photo was also done with the Noctilux, probably very close to F1.0 or 1.4.

No comments: