Monday, March 22, 2010

rail - web


rail - web
Originally uploaded by hirevimaging
This is a recent photo, done on Saturday, March 20th. Taken with an M8 and 35mm 1.4 lens, also known as the 35 Summilux in Leica terms. I was really trying to work with only one focal length that day, and was happy doing so. I really liked the geometry of this shot as I saw it...starting to get a better feel for the camera as well. Most of my digital work is shot in a RAW file mode, and it allows me much greater flexibility when editing for final output - whether it's for print or web. It's very much like shooting film in that sense.
I shot this very close to wide open - F1.7, at 160 ISO. The M8 has a top shutter speed of 1/8000 which is nice for daylight shooting when I want to exploit the shallow depth of field capability of my lenses. Great day to be shooting down in Princeton, NJ in any case. It was the first day of Spring, and some color is finally starting to seep back into this world. After the winter we've had in New Jersey, it's a welcome change.

No comments: